Alliance Rubber Company has created a new way for inventors to present inventions and new products for consideration.
Here are a few questions to consider before you submit your invention or idea:
- Have you researched the Alliance product categories and are confident your invention fits one of them? (i.e. Ad Specialty, Stationery, Mass Retail, Industrial Supplies, Newspaper Supplies, Produce Growers, etc.)
- Do you have evidence that your product will meet a compelling consumer need?
- Have you done an Internet search on your product to see what similar products already exist?
- Is your invention’s appeal broad enough?
If so, you’re ready to begin the submission process!
Throughout the submission process we hope accomplish 3 primary goals:
- Make the process understandable.
- Ensure that your product is considered in a thoughtful and timely manner.
- Dedicate staff to act as an advocate and intermediary in the process (New Product Engineer).
Here are the steps in the process:
- Submit: After submitting your product, you can usually expect to receive a response from us within 2-3 business days confirming receipt and asking any clarifying questions.
- Summarize and Present: Our New Product Engineer writes up a summary of the invention and their view on the problem/solution, and presents that summary to key decision makers in a monthly meeting. Some products Alliance is able to make an immediate decision on; other products require some time to research and evaluate.
- License: Alliance will determine whether to license your product, and if we do, you’re off and running. If we don’t, then we will advise you of that decision.
Here are the key criteria that influence whether Alliance will license your invention:
- Does the invention address an important unmet consumer need, or provide a dramatically superior outcome versus existing solutions? This is the starting point for all evaluations. Without offering an advantage that consumers really value, there simply isn’t a basis for moving forward.
- Does the invention fit well with Alliance’s strategy and current products? This is a key way to determine how well an invention plays to Alliance’s strengths and how effectively we can introduce it to consumers. If an invention doesn’t fit with an existing strategy, it’s unlikely we will pursue the invention.
- Could the invention generate enough volume to sustain distribution? Alliance is looking for products that will appeal to a broad segment of users.
When you’re ready, download and complete the Product Innovator Submission Form
After completing the form please submit it here (don’t forget to attach the completed form!)