With the rising trend of eco-friendly packaging, manufacturers are reimagining how they package their products by aiming to eliminate single-use plastics in their packaging. According to an article from NRDC, "a whopping 91 percent of all plastic isn't recycled at all." That statistic seems glaring,...
As most produce farmers and handlers are aware, food safety is a major concern in the market for fruits and vegetables. More and more produce buyers are requiring proof that their suppliers are implementing effective food safety programs all the way to the farm level....
Since opening our doors in 1923, Alliance Rubber Company has established itself as a world leader in the manufacturing of custom rubber bands and other organizational tools. Our 2,200 innovative products are marketed in 60 countries, and as a third-generation family business, we're committed to...
The Use of Rubber in the Textile Industry The use of rubber strips and rubber bands in manufacturing textiles, footwear, and other miscellaneous garments has grown in popularity over the past few decades. Rubber bands are useful in a number of ways throughout the entire...
Jockeys and equestrians have to consider the safety of themselves and their horses. The comfortability of the riders as well as the health of the horses must also be taken into consideration. With the use of rubber bands, jockeys and equestrians can create a more...
Alliance Rubber is a third-generation family-owned company that is designated as WOSB or Women-Owned Small Businesses. In addition, 94% of our sales meet the "Buy American" standard for U.S.-made products. By sourcing our products domestically, our customers are assured that our stock is fresher, our...
Since 1923, Alliance Rubber Company has been providing high-quality consumer and industrial rubber products. We offer a range of office, packaging, and specialty items, including private label, custom printed rubber bands for some of the top companies around the world. We're proud of our capabilities...
EPDM Automotive applications are the fastest-growing among other popular segments such as building & construction, wire & cables, lubricant additive, and plastic modification. EPDM (a synthetic rubber) is most commonly utilized in vehicle weather stripping, seals, sealant, wire and cable harnesses, and brake...
Natural latex rubber is sourced from plantations around the world. The rubber trees on these plantations reach maturity at 6 years of age and have around 25 years of productive life! The sap used for rubber bands is harvested sustainably using a process called “tapping.” It causes no harm to the trees and at the end of a productive life, the trees are used for furniture and other timber products.
Technically, rubber bands can be recycled, but it’s best to reuse them rather than toss them into the trash or compost bin.
If you’re like most people, you have a drawer of rubber bands just waiting to be used. You probably know about the most popular uses for rubber bands around the home and office, but have you tried these?
- Prevent zippers from falling down by securing them to buttons on pants
- Around slippery objects like tools and drinking glasses
- Straighten broom bristles
- Replacement for tape (to hold items together)
- Wrap around an open paint can to remove excess from a paint brush
- Stop a door from locking by wrapping around front and back of door knob
- Hold together a sliced apple (to prevent browning)
- Around auto visor to hold important documents/receipts in place
- Around individual bundles of cords to reduce cord clutter
- Secure lid to slow cooker while transporting
- Save space in luggage by keeping outfits rolled up tightly together
- Wrap around the ends of hangers to prevent slippage
- As a book mark
- Create symmetrical floral arrangements by bundling sections of stems together
- Erase pencil marks
- Wrap around ends of rolling pin to create space for desired height for pastries
- Around spools of ribbon before storage
- To remove stripped screws
- Behind pictures in frames to keep them perfectly centered
- Seal small leaks in water hoses